Center for Aging and Health Research
The NBER Center for Aging and Health Research has three primary aims. The first is to coordinate research on health and aging issues at the NBER, notably through research networks on high-priority themes including:
- The Economics of COVID-19
- Health Trends and Inequalities
- Data Analytics, Information Technology and Health Care Decision-Making
- The Economics of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- The Dynamics of the Health Care Ecosystem
- Medical Innovation and the Value of Health Care
- Behavior Change in Health
The second aim is to stimulate research development on new topics in health and aging through Center Pilot Projects that systematically advance the science toward the most pressing questions of the day.
The third aim is to disseminate research findings in both scientific and non-technical outlets including the NBER Bulletin on Health and its predecessor the NBER Bulletin on Aging and Health.
This Center is supported by the National Institute on Aging under grant number P30AG012810.