Call for Papers
Ageing and Health
June 1-2, 2020: Munich, Germany
The Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy (MPI) and the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) invite papers for a workshop on ageing and health. The meeting will focus on issues including
* measurement and determinants of health at older ages;
* physical and cognitive functioning and their association with labor market and broader socioeconomic status;
* the prevalence of work disability and the role of public and private insurance programs in affecting disability rates;
* retirement choices such as savings and labor supply;
* longevity and well-being;
* the demand for and provision of long-term care.
Papers for the meeting will be selected by a committee comprised of Axel Börsch-Supan (MPI and NBER), Fabrizio Mazzonna (Universita della Svizzera Italiana), and Jonathan Skinner (Dartmouth and NBER).
The conference will take place at the Ringberg Castle, near Munich, Germany, on June 1-2, 2020. The NBER will cover the cost of local accommodations and an economy-class advance-purchase airfare for one author per paper. The deadline for submitting detailed abstracts or full papers (in PDF format) is December 9 2019 at the following link:
The conference organizers welcome submissions of both empirical and theoretical research, and encourage submissions by scholars who are early in their careers, who are not NBER affiliates, and who are from groups that are underrepresented in the economics profession. Papers that have been accepted for publication and that will be published by June 2020 are not eligible for presentation.
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by January 15, 2020. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.