NBER - ORBIS Project
Previous Directors: Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas and Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan
Data Management: Carla Tokman and Daniel Feenberg
NBER-ORBIS Project aims at connecting real and financial sectors at a micro level globally. The data base covers millions of non-financial firms in all sectors of the economy in 150+ countries, details of firms’ balance sheets and their ownership structure.
The following papers have been published as NBER working papers as a result of this partnership:
- Jaimovich, N., Terry, S.J., and Vincent, N., 2023. The Empirical Distribution of Firm Dynamics and Its Macro Implications (NBER Working Paper 31337)
- Gu, G.W. and Hale, G., 2023. Climate risks and FDI. Journal of International Economics, p.103731. (NBER Working Paper 30452)
- Bilicka, K.A., Guceri, I. and Koumanakos, E., 2023. Dividend Taxation and Firm Performance with Heterogeneous Payout Responses (NBER Working Paper 30808)
- Garcia-Bernardo, J., Janský, P. and Zucman, G., 2022. Did the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Reduce Profit Shifting by US Multinational Companies? (NBER Working Paper 30086)
- Boar, C., Gorea, D. and Midrigan, V., 2022. Why Are Returns to Private Business Wealth So Dispersed? (NBER Working Paper 29705)
- Kalemli-Ozcan, S., Liu, X. and Shim, I., 2021. Exchange rate fluctuations and firm leverage. IMF Economic Review, 69, pp.90-121. (NBER Working Paper 28608)
- Hassan, T.A., Schreger, J., Schwedeler, M. and Tahoun, A., 2021. Sources and transmission of country risk. (NBER Working Paper 29526)
- Gourinchas, P.O., Kalemli-Özcan, Ṣ., Penciakova, V. and Sander, N., 2021. Fiscal Policy in the Age of COVID: Does it ‘Get in all of the Cracks?’ (NBER Working Paper 29293)
- Bilicka, K.A. and Scur, D., 2021. Organizational capacity and profit shifting . (NBER Working Paper 29225)
- Impink, S.M., Prat, A. and Sadun, R., 2021. Communication within firms: evidence from CEO turnovers. (NBER Working Paper 29042)
- Hansen, S., Ramdas, T., Sadun, R. and Fuller, J., 2021. The demand for executive skills. (NBER Working Paper 28959).
- Gourinchas, P.O., Kalemli-Özcan, Ṣ., Penciakova, V. and Sander, N., 2020. Estimating SME failures in real time: An application to the COVID-19 crisis. (NBER Working Paper 27877).
- Hassan, T.A., Hollander, S., Van Lent, L. and Tahoun, A., 2020. The global impact of Brexit uncertainty. (NBER Working Paper 26609).